DURATION: 6 MONTHS (Saturdays) Management Information System (MIS) is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed to manage and change business processes through information and communications technology (ICT) and information systems. The course focuses on the concepts, methods and practical applications of information systems in the work place. LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Define and explain the concepts, theories and practices in the development and use of information systems in the organization.
- Demonstrate an understanding of computing system architectures, operating systems software and interconnection of information resources through networking.
- Analyze problems and determine systems requirement for developing a logical design of an information system.
- Implement an information system in database management system or emerging development environment.
- Develop product that demonstrate a working understanding of the management of information systems functions, integration and project management to ensure project quality.