CERTIFICATE IN STRATEGIC TREASURY AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
DURATION: 7 weeks (Saturdays)
Strategically managing treasury functions is central to the financial and operational activities of every Organization. The safeguarding and creation of value through competent management of cash flows, borrowing, investments and financial risks are very significant for the survival of every business. As a consequence, treasury and operations management has become an essential skill set or tool for finance professionals in dealing with the many cash flows challenges. The diversity and multiplicity of financing options coupled with the increased volatility on the money markets and its associated financial risks which have intensified considerably are sources of concern. Therefore, Strategic Treasury and Operations Management have emerged as a specialized qualification to deal with the more complex treasury issues. It is important to provide the opportunity for treasury professionals to necessarily have competences to effectively and efficiently manage all forms of treasury operations. This course aims at addressing the challenges treasury practitioners face in today’s dynamic treasury environment. It will also provide insights and a better understanding of the major facets of treasury.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Advance their knowledge of corporate treasury management and the treasury functions;
- Develop a practical understanding of financial markets and their various products;
- Understand the role and impacts of effective Treasury Management;
- Develop strategic balanced treasury portfolios for their Organization;
- Effectively manage risk both in treasury and within the fraud arena;
- Gain the tactical skills and competence to confidently handle treasury operations;
- Examine several strategic options available for improving treasury functions;
- Understand the components and options available within Capital Markets
- Integrate Capital Market options within Treasury Strategy;
- Appreciate the risk factors within Capital Markets and to develop effective risk management strategies.
- Overview of Strategic Treasury and Operations Management
- Capital Markets and Funding Options
- Corporate Finance and Treasury
- Strategic Management of Cash and Liquidity
- Ethics, Regulatory and Legal Environment in Treasury
- Strategic Risk Management within Treasury
- Strategic Treasury Operations Management and Controls
This program is designed for Treasury Professionals, Finance Professionals, Finance /Accounts managers, Financial Controllers, Chief Accountants, Banking Professionals and Corporate Business Professionals.