DURATION: 6 WEEKS (SATURDAYS)
The efficient and effective role of supply chain in ensuring the competitiveness of organizations is paramount for the survival of businesses the world over. Supply chain deals how organizations manage their upstream and downstream activities by adding value in order to satisfycustomer requirement for quality goods and services.
The training aims at equipping participants with the requisite knowledge to work effectively and efficiently in the supply chain functions both within the private and public sectors. The training will cover the supply chain concept, procurement, logistics management and managing risk within the supply chain to ensure the survival of businesses.
The programme would equip participants:
- With valued knowledge in Supply Chain and Procurement management within both the public and private sectors.
- To know how to manage risk within the supply chain environment
- To understand supplier relationship, development and management
- To examine supplier evaluation processes
- To determine how, where and when to order and store goods to meet operational requirements.
- To examine the role of ethical sourcing and sustainability within the procurement process.
- To understand the important role of transportation and distribution within the supply chain.
- To examine the role ICT within the supply chain
- To appreciate the concept of reverse logistics.
- To understand the importance of waste elimination in manufacturing and service industries
- To start a managerial role within an industrial or commercial supply organization.
BROAD TOPICAL AREAS (MODULES)
- Supply Chain Management in Practice
- Logistics Operations
- Procurement in Practice
- Managing Risk within the Supply Chain
Participants expected on this programme include Supply Chain and Procurement practitioners, Procurement Professional, Stores and Inventory Management Practitioners, Logistics Managers and Officers within both the public and Private sector.